As important as it is to work hard, we believe in a work-life balance. That is why we took a moment this month to recognize National Ice Cream Month!
Fun Facts About Ice Cream
- In the 1300’s Marco Polo brought an early form of ice cream to Europe.
- In 1851, the first ice cream plant opened.
- In the 1880’s, the ice cream sundae was invented!
- Today, next to cookies, ice cream is the best selling dessert in America.
- A cow gives enough milk to produce 2 gallons of ice cream a day. That’s 730 gallons per year!
- It takes about 50 licks to finish a single scoop ice cream cone.
- 1 in 5 people share their ice cream with their pet.
- Brain freeze occurs when ice cream touches the roof of your mouth.
Special thanks to icecream.com for these fun facts!