Jim Shea Award
The Jim Shea Memorial Award for
Call for Nominations
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2022 before 5:00pm ET
Jim Shea spent much of his social work career developing and delivering services for youth who have engaged in sexually abusive behaviour and for those affected by them. He was the founding Director of the Peel Collaborative Child and Adolescent Sexual Abuse Treatment Program, where he worked until his death in the summer of 2005.
Jim was widely recognized for having cultivated and nurtured a team of professionals who provided outstanding service to Peel Region, and have gone on to populate many of the agencies and organization engaged in this work throughout Southern Ontario.
This award is made once a year to someone who has made a significant contribution to the development and provision of services to youth who have engaged in sexually abusive behaviour. Recipients are those who, like Jim, have contributed to our development and collaboration as a service community, have encouraged and supported workers, especially those just entering into this field of practice, and who have engaged in practice that is respectful, collaborative and effective.
Each year the Continuum Committee invites you to
nominate someone who meets the following criteria:
- Nominees should have been involved in working for significant period of time with youth who sexually offend, their families and those affected by their offending behaviour.
- Their practice should have had an impact on the youth and/or service providers in Ontario.
- Their contribution to this field of practice, in whichever role they occupy, should be remarkable for its longevity, impact, novelty or scope.
- They have practiced in a way that has fostered appropriate attention to the issues and an appropriate regard for the youth who we collectively serve.
- They have yet to receive recognition for their efforts that is clearly deserved.
Complete the form below to make your nomination!
or email your nomination to: email@example.com